This Privacy Notice tells you how we, Nelumbo Consultancy, collect and process your personal data in line with the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR).
Nelumbo Consultancy as Data Controller is responsible for ensuring that this Privacy Notice is made available to data subjects prior to collecting and processing their personal data and will process this data in a manner compatible with the EU’s GDPR. We endeavour to keep your information secure, accurate and up to date, and not for longer than strictly needed.
Who we are
Nelumbo Consultancy started in 2014 with the vision of helping individuals, couples and the community to improve productivity through positive motivation and effective stress management. We believe that any challenge can be met effectively through the use of psychological therapies. We aim to provide a complete solution, by equipping individuals with the tools to focus on their goals at the same time as dealing with the real anxieties arising from modern living.
To build a platform of reliable, unbiased mental health professionals who provide stress, motivation and relationship management services. This platform would provide tailor-made services in a responsive manner, which can be accessed from anywhere and is fully digital
To help and support those who are struggling with mental health issues so that they can withstand adversity, be motivated to achieve their goals and live the life that they deserve.
• Responsive, tailor-made services addressing clients‘ needs
• Consistent high-quality service delivery to all clients
• Strong coordination and a warm working relationship between management, team and the client
• Confidential, non-judgmental, secure
Nelumbo Consultancy can be contacted directly as follows:
Nelumbo Consultancy registered office address:
Osborne House, 143 - 145 Stanwell Road
Ashford, Middlesex, England, TW15 3QN
Registration number: 09174536
Phone: 074 8180 9129
What is personal data?
Under the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) personal data is defined as:
“any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person ('data subject'); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person”.
Our legal basis for processing personal data
Our legal basis for processing personal data is at least one of the following
• processing is necessary to comply with legal obligations of the Data Controller
• data subject gives consent for one or more specific purposes
• processing is necessary to protect the vital interests of the data subject
Your rights as a data subject
As data subject, you have the following rights
1. Right of access: you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
2. Right of rectification: you have a right to request us to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
3. Right to be forgotten: in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
4. Right to restriction of processing: where certain conditions apply, you have the right to request us to restrict the processing.
5. Right of portability: you have the right to request the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
6. Right to object: you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing, automated processing, including profiling
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact us in writing at Osborne House, 143 - 145 Stanwell Road, Ashford, Middlesex TW15 3QN or by email email@example.com
All of the above requests will be forwarded on should there be a third party involved in the processing of your personal data.
Purpose for collecting and processing personal data
The personal data we collect will be used for one or more of the following purposes:
• to provide you with information regarding our services, such as face-to-face counselling, couples counselling, skype or telephone counselling on relationship management, motivation etc.
• to book and organise appointments with our therapists
• to comply with legal requirements such as financial regulations, health and safety regulations
The special categories of personal data we collect and process:
• any information about mental and physical health conditions of our customers, for example to know whether clients are taking any medication or not.
By consenting to the processing of personal data you are giving us permission to process your personal data and special category data specifically for the purposes as identified above.
Consent is required for Nelumbo Consultancy to process both types of personal data, but it must be explicitly given. Where we are asking you for special category data, we will always tell you why and how the information will be used.
You may withdraw consent at any time by notifying us by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We may in some instances disclose your personal data to third-parties. Where we disclose your personal data to a third party, we require that third party to have appropriate technical and organisational measures in place to protect your personal data.
If we need to pass your special category data onto a third party we will only do soonce we have obtained your explicit consent, unless we are legally required to do otherwise.
We will process your personal data for as long as strictly needed as per the GDPR requirements. Personal data will be kept as long as necessary to carry out each processing activity, in line with our Retention of Records Policy.
We are required to retain some information in accordance with the law, such as information needed for income tax and audit purposes. How long certain kinds of personal data should be kept may also be governed by specific business-sector requirements and agreed practices. Personal data may be held in addition to these periods depending on individual business needs.
Access to personal data
You have the right to request a copy of your personal data that we hold about you. If you would like to request a copy of your personal data, or have any questions in relation to your personal data, please contact us by email email@example.com. We will require one or a combination of the following IDs: an ID which has a valid and recent photograph, address details, passport or driving licence.
Security of personal data
We are committed to taking appropriate technical and organisational measure to protect your personal data against unauthorised or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage.
In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how your personal data is being processed by Nelumbo Consultancy, please contact us by email firstname.lastname@example.org
We hope that we can resolve any complaints, but if not, you can directly contact the supervisory authority in the UK.
The details for each of these contacts are:
Supervisory authority contact details
Information Commissioner's Office
Osborne House, Middlesex
143 - 145 Stanwell Road, Ashford
Wilmslow Cheshire SK9 5AF
England, TW15 3QN
ICO Helpline 0303 123 1113
074 8180 9129